Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pluto is a Planet

I love this tune, Pluto, by 2 Skinnee Js. I believe it's about accepting those who wish to live among us:

Who do you represent? I represent the smallest planet
Attorney in this tourney against those who try to ban it
Who discriminate against the distant and disclaim this
'Cause their small minds can't see past Uranus
But my odyssey runs in 2001 ways
I can see clearly now like Hubble
shoved from the Shuttle, here's my rebuttal

It's a Planet

So lend me your ears and let me state my case
about all the types of satellites we must embrace
Cause like my parents grandparents - this planet was an immigrant

Do it for the children
Do it for the children (if not for yourself)
Pluto is a planet

2 Skinnee Js
Supermercado

What would you expect from me? One of my favorite albums is Mister Heartbreak by Laurie Anderson.

2 comments:

Lil A said...

You crack me up-- I can see you rockin' out to your tunes ;).
LOL!!
Doing anything for mom's b-day today?? You'd better eat some cake and chocolate. . . he he he. . .
Keep up the posts, and come down and see us!
Love ya,
Lil a'

Martha said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!

Love, Martha