Saturday, August 30, 2008

John and Karen in Chapel Hill

John and Karen recently went to the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center in Durham, N.C. I won't go into detail about all that the center plans for John, (I'll let John do that) but I can relate that it is a "place of hope", and we are excited about the clinical trial in which John will be participating.
The reason for this post, however, is to let you know that 1) conveniently and fatefully, Nathan and Danielle live in Chapel Hill, right next to Durham and 2) John and Karen stayed with Nathan and Danielle while John was evaluated by the Tisch Center. Here are couple pictures that they took while visiting there.

2 comments:

Phil said...

I think it's wonderful that John and Karen were able to take advantage of the opportunity to get some good medical advice and some family face time. HOWEVER, as a Terp fan, I just hope that they remember to take a good shower after being so close to UNC and Duke. Don't get any on ya!!

Phil

The Little Sister said...

I love the pictures of all of you.

We are ecstatic that Duke has accepted John into their program and will take such good care of him. What a blessing.

And Nathan and Danielle, your house is so cute!

I love you all
Mary Anne