Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Some Bad News, Then Good News


As some of you know, my beloved LeMond Virginia City road bike was stolen this weekend. Bike Thief, may you rot in hell! What to do, what to do? Well, there's really only one thing to do. Yes, I replaced the bike with a new LeMond (this one is an "Etape" model). It is aluminium with carbon forks. The old one was medium blue steel number. I love my new one very much but I won't take it out until it stops raining. With the homeowner's policy (thanks, Weissbeck Allstate Agency) the replacement won't cost us anything.

Pretty spiffy looking, no? I did have my eye on a Specialized Tarmac (easily a $1,000 more) but Karen's voice of reason prevailed. I am delighted and can't wait to race you!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Sweet ride, John! Glad it worked out so well! I'll have to bring the old Colnago up to Topeka next time to take you up on that race!

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

It is great to hear from you today! I love the new bike, it is a sweet bike! I am sure you will look great on it especially with your new jersey!

Glad to hear your docs in Topeka are on board with the ones at Duke!

Love to you both, Martha