Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kiev is the Capital of Ukraine

Here's an example of the Ukrainian language:

Kiev stolitsya Ukraininski. Tse nabilshi Ukrainske misto. There may be a few spelling errors here but how would YOU know? What I am trying to say is Kiev is the Ukrainian capital. It's Ukraine's largest city. You see? Our exchange student taught us something after all. What's even harder is transcribing it into the cyrillic alphabet.

I'll stop with the language lessons if you like.

Love,
John

4 comments:

Martha said...

I don't think we are ever too old to learn something new. Keep it up!
Love, the older sister

Greg said...

Вы определенно бросаете вызов моя способность прочитать ваш блог. Должны мы все выучить новый язык для того чтобы поговорить к вам?

Greg said...

Thanks to http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
:)

Lil A said...

I'm afraid I'm not going to attempt any foreign language, alas I do not put any other languages to use these days (well except animal talk to my furry babies );).

We're planning on coming into town Easter weekend; we do mom's b-day then?? Let me know-- I know Dan's parents are asking when we're coming back too. (LOL-- I'm a home body what can I say).
Coffee much?! :D

Love,
Lil a