Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summertime in Kansas

We're enjoying a mild early summer after a wet Spring. The yard is ultra-green and lush. It's going to be a great summer! I hope to see you if you can get away.
I'll try to continue regular blogging now that the pressure is off with respect to my cancer. Last night I even broke out my vinyl and played some old-school rock. Karen and I danced in the basement to Neil Young (Computer Age and Sample and Hold.) Does anyone else besides me consider Trans a great record? David Geffin Doesn't. We also danced to Edie Brickell and New Bohemians and even Johnny Horton (Whispering Pines and The Sinking of the Bismarck - for Karen). You'll be delighted to know: We can still move, lol.

4 comments:

Phil said...

John, I'm so very happy for you .... and for Karen. Your recent news has been such an uplift. I'm thankful to God for the miracles of science and the for the brains that God gave to humans, so that they could figure all this out, not to mention the hearts God gave them so that they could care so much about their patients. IT really is a God-filled world. You are a witness of that to us all. Enjoy life and keep reminding us what a precious gift it is. Blessings,

Phil

Anonymous said...

Wow, If I read this right I know two very happy people. Welcome to the club. I think there are dozens out there (Phil sounds like one also). God smiled on you and we came out winners.

Bob

Lil A said...

LOL!!!
Somehow, I can see this. . . any choice moves like we used to do back in the day?? I know some of your sweet disco-esque dance steps were probably brought out, huh?? he he he. . Dan and I are excited to see you guys next week!! Ahh, vacation is almost here!
Lata,
Love
lil' a

Martha said...

John and Karen,

What a wonderful way to celebrate! I can see you cutting the rug right now! Rest up and Greg and I will be up to see you soon!

Much love,
Martha