Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Still Here!

Sorry for giving everyone the impression that I forgot how to blog. I'll try to correspond with you in a more timely fashion from now on. Please be assured I have been following your posts closely and I appreciate your support, more than you know. Martha, thanks for your loving words of encouragement.
We were in North Carolina last week for treatment at the Robert Preston Tisch Brain Tumor Center, Duke Medical Center. Karen and I consulted with our Cancer treatment expert, Dr. James Vredenbaugh (forgive me, Doc, if I misspelled that). The news is encouraging to say to least. Whereas in the past, certain physicians were only willing to admit that there was "no change", a good sign in and of itself, Dr. V said there appears to be improvement. Dr. V is not projecting these results into the future, but you can understand our optimism. We are very pleased with our decision to seek treatment there (Sorry all you UNC fans). Our brain surgeon, Matt Wills, got his MD from UNC, so I know it's also a high-quality institution.
Tomorrow is Ashley's birthday. Happy Birthday, Ash! Karen and I wish we could be with you and Dan but, oh well, we hope to see you soon. We hope you enjoy your trip to the Symphony! Karen and I stayed up New Year's Eve and watched a New Year's concert by the New York Philharmonic from Avery Fisher Hall. It was fantastic! I discovered that I love Offenbach, Rossini, and Hayden's 5th (dance concerto, perhaps?), among other selections.
Thanks for your posts and comments. We'll be in touch soon!

6 comments:

Martha said...

Great to hear from you on the blog, John!

Happy Birthday to Ashley!

Love, Martha

Lil A said...

Hey!!!
We've been anxiously awaiting a post-- glad to see you're back in the saddle! Thanks for the Happy Birthday, Martha! (and you too J-dawg)! I'm celebrating in true fashion today, by yes, you said it-- working!! I do get tomorrow off, so it's not a total wash ;).
I will send pictures of the puppy-- little Dugan, as soon as we have some-- ahh yes, black labs, BIG TROUBLE ;). Dan and I are soo happy that you're showing so much improvement-- we knew you were strong and could beat the statistics-- what a blessing!! Keep up the spirits, and faith, God is looking after us all!
Love ya! Looking forward to coffee next weekend!
Lil' A

Danielle said...

We're excited to see you back on the blog John!! Great to see you and Karen while you were out here. We're already looking forward to the next time!

Love,
Danielle

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

John - Martha gave me your blog to read to see what you were going through. God has given you and your family great strength. I just wanted to know your second cousins were praying for you too (and our friends.)

Anne (Percival) Kruszka

The Little Sister said...

Love the post!

Happy Birthday Ashley! And, you have a dog....... my daughter will be so jealous! She asks for one everyday!

Good to see you on the blog too Anne!

Anonymous said...

Hello Anne,

Good to have you part of the team!
Thanks for the prayers! I believe they are working! :)

Martha