Friday, January 16, 2009

Off to Presbytery

Tomorrow I travel with two of my Church friends to a Presbytery of Northern Kansas meeting. Brad Walker, our Church's new Senior Pastor, will accompany Harlan Edmonds and myself. I asked that he drive my car and he agreed to do it. So we'll make the trip in my Audi A4. I don't drive much these days and the car needs to be driven. I only wish it was clean. When I return, I'll share the details of my first foray into Presbyterian polity. I know many of the folks who will be there so I am excited to go.
I am feeling well these days, now that I am off-cycle with the Chemotherapy. The doctors at Duke have toned down my Temodar and this has given me additional energy.
Well, it's off to bed now. I must rise very early tomorrow (around 5 am) to get ready to go. Karen says this excursion will be hard on her and Katy (our elderly Cairn Terrier) as they wait for me at home.

1 comment:

The Little Sister said...

I am glad you are getting out. Have a good trip and we'll be anxious to hear how the meeting went.

love!
Mary Anne