Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's Cold!!

I hope its warmer where you are than here in northeastern Kansas. I seems like we haven't had any temperatures over 30 for week or 10 days. I am ready for a warm-up. We haven't seen much snow this winter, although I think some cross-country skiing would do me good. Let's hope for say 5" of dry, light snow. I'll break out my pair of Fischers. Lovely!
Ashley and Dan have a new puppy, a black lab Ashley has named Dugan. Dugan is named after a stuffed dog that belongs to Justin. The stuffed Dugan is a Greensburg tornado survivor. All the better to survive a punctured abdomen. I haven't met the real, live Dugan yet but it sounds to me from Ashley's reports that she and Dugan have become fast friends. I'm not sure Dan and Ashleys' three cats (Phil, Gabbie, and Joe) feel the same way about their new little brother.
Well, next week is a busy week for us. Session Meeting (1st Pres) on Monday night, Avastin treatment Tuesday, etc. We'll stay in touch so please send us your comments. It sounds like you're doing well, Danielle. Love your blogs!

John

4 comments:

Martha said...

I wouldn't mind a snow day myself!

Last year to wish for those!

I will be thinking about you this week.
Love, Martha

Danielle said...

Thanks John! I feel special that I got a shout out in your blog! :) I am feeling well these days and my stomach is growing bigger and bigger every day.

It's been cold here too but probably not nearly as bad as where you are. Last week we had the snowstorm of the year and of course the whole Triangle shut down. But it was perfect timing as it was on inauguration day so work was closed!

We'll be thinking lots about you too this week.

Love,
Danielle

Lil A said...

Hey!!!
Well, I have a quick second before I shut down for the day-- just wanted to let you know that Dan and I are really excited about you coming down next weekend, and so is little Dugan ;)-- I swear, some day, soon, we will have children instead of buying more animals!! (sigh).
At any rate, glad to hear that you are feeling well, and you are right-- Phil, Gabby and Joe all feel that Dugan is a very ugly and odd little kitty ;) (not sure they know quite what he is).
Bring pictures of you and mom down next weekend-- we are trying to put together more family photos.
Love ya-- looking forward to coffee on Saturday!
Love,
Lil A

DanL said...

John,
I missed your blog and I'm glad you're back to posting.

Ashley is Dugan's fast favorite - I don't think there's anyway I'll ever catch up to her in his affections. He follows her around the house and tries to sit on her feet every time she stops moving for more than a second or two. He's very sweet and very cute, but he smells horrible and house-breaking is a work in progress. Ashley thinks he can do no wrong.

Anyway, we're looking forward to having you as guests and trying out some new recipes on you. Looking forward to more posts.

Take care,
Dan