Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you lovers out there! You know who you are (I hope). To all you others, remember: Light of the World, Shine on me, Love is the Answer! Shine on us all, Set us free, Love is the answer! (Utopia, Sorry, Wrong Planet LP) . I know Justin can identify this reference. Faith, hope, and love abide, these three, but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinth 13.
Karen and I are feeling well and will probably spend Valentine's Day at home. But you never know, I should treat Karen to an intimate, romantic supper. I think that's a good idea. Heaven knows she deserves it and much, much more.
My treatment is going well. I am holding at 300 mgs of Temodar a day. That's administered at bedtime during a 5 day treatment week within each 28 day cycle. That's what we call pulse chemo. This dose seems to fit my needs and I think we've found a level that's both effective and modest. We will return to Durham soon for a meeting with Dr. Vrendenbaugh. It's going to be a very quick trip this time (48 hours).
This weekend marks the rematch of KU/K-State. To any of you Jayhawks who care to put a nonmonetary wager on the outcome of the game, bring it on! Fear the Fred! I don't know what the betting line is, but I am prepared to use it to my maximum advantage.
See Ashley, I still remember how to post a blog. Also, Happy Birthday shout outs to Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Hi John,
I have no doubt that the Wildcats will prevail this weekend. Even our Tigers had their day with the Hawks recently.
In all of these years in the biology classroom teaching evolution, I never put the history together until this, their 200th birthday. Lincoln and Darwin, honorable men, both born on the same day, same year, both unlikely infants to bring profound order and understanding to our world. In time, we can only hope their truths are manifest in a more loving and cohesive society.
Truly inspiring.

Thanks, John, for your continuing inspiration!

Have a great weekend. Go Cats!

Lil A said...

Hey hey hey!
I thought you'd forgotten how to post on this thing. . .he he he ;).

Anyway, Dan and I are glad to hear that things are going well for you and mom, and we're excited to do coffee this weekend, it has definitely been awhile. Now have some chocolates for Valentine's, and hey-- did you remember to watch Holiday Inn yesterday for Lincoln's B-day?? Of course, if you missed out there's always, Washington's Birthday!
Love ya!
Lil A

Martha said...

Hi John,

We have been talking about the brithdays as well. Obama has been instrumental is the new interst in Lincoln, I think.

I hope you and Karen have a wonderful Valentines Day. I have some to send out but have a bit busy this week. I will spread the love next week too.

Enjoy your coffee with Ashley! We are thinking about you.
Love to you both, Martha

Phil said...

Hi John, I'm glad that things seem to be going well and I definitely think that Karen and you should head out to a romantic meal AFTER the Cats put the Hawks in their place. That would be the sweetest Valentine of all, right? Take care and get ready for March Madness. That trophy does not plan on traveling again....