Friday, May 9, 2008

Graduation Day

Today was my 30th and final radiation treatment for my brain tumor. Dr. Green calls it my graduation day. In honor of my graduation from radiation, here are a couple of shots of the mask I wore for the treatments. The mask is very individualized and fits very snug.

Now that I can see the mask as a relic it sort of gives me the creeps. Karen says I look like Jason in the mask. See what you think. I have it mounted on my basement wall.
My chemotherapy ended today too, for now. After an assessment by my medical team we'll move on to pulse chemo in a month or so.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Together we are working wonders, with God's help.






8 comments:

Nate said...

You look like the guy from Hellraiser! Freaky!

Glad to hear you're done for a while. Enjoy your month off!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, it is a bit scary!

I am glad that you have a month off too.

We will be in touch soon!
Love, Martha

Danielle said...

Thanks so much for the update John! We are thinking of you always.

Love you,
Danielle

DanL said...

John,
Thanks for the update. Trim the frame off the top of the mask and try to fit it under the Colnago cap Greg and Martha gave you. Then you'll really be styling.;)

Take care,
Dan

Lil A said...

John,
Glad to read the update. I really like what you've done with the mask-- it makes an interesting wall decoration an "object des arts", if you will ;).

Seriously, though. The mask is truly a "trophy"; only the first symbol of your victory in this, your most important "run".


Love you!
Lil A

Martha said...

Ashley,

I so agree with the trophy comment!

Just anothe bump in the road!

Love, Martha

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil said...

Congratulations for making it to the end of this round with your spirits intact. I'm glad I never saw you in person in that mask. It is pretty scary. I think I used to have dreams about someone chasing me in one of those things. Yikes.

Enjoy the break from the docs. Blessings,

Phil