Monday, July 21, 2008

Anniversary/Birthday

Thank you for the Anniversary and birthday wishes, especially to you, Martha, for your kind post. Karen and I are truly looking forward to seeing you and Greg soon. It is hard to believe that as of Wednesday, Karen and I will have been married twenty years. How quickly the years have passed. There are many happy years ahead too, with God's help.
Karen and I are still active in the very beautiful church in which we took our marriage vows. I have a meeting at the Church Wednesday to discuss the Church's financial picture. It's always tenuous, but that's a modern church for you. 1st Presbyterian is a special place architectually. It is one of only 11 churches in the United States with a complete set of Louis Comfort Tiffany windows and the only one west of the Mississippi. They are amazing. I should blog them, no?
We're also looking forward to celebrating my birthday Saturday with Ashley and Justin. I hope Dan can be there too. I know he's really busy with his Bar review.

2 comments:

DanL said...

Ashley and I reflected on similar subjects on our recent 2nd anniversary. I pray for many more anniversaries for all of us - myself and Ashley, you and Karen.

I'm sorry that Ashley will be making the trip to Topeka without me, and I mean it when I say that I'd rather be celebrating your birthday with you than studying. However, it's bad form to start walking in the home stretch. I've got to push hard for the next few days to be ready, but I'll see you shortly thereafter.

Take care,
Dan

Lil A said...

John,
Time does fly-- it is hard to believe. I'm looking forward to seeing you and mom on Saturday-- (I think I'll have a few things for you too;))-- I heard chocolate is on the menu-- Continue to keep me updated on the Tour; it really is tough not having VS. network (sigh).
Happy Anniversary and I really wish I could join you all in Yellowstone (YEA, Budget time!)
See you for coffee and cake on Saturday!
Love you!
Lil A