Sunday, July 20, 2008

Milestones in July

This next week will be a big one for the John and Karen. On Wed, they will celebrate their 20th anniversary. I do remember that day as we all were in the First Presbyterian Church to share that special time with them. It was rich with history as our grandparents and our parents attended that church. Our parents also getting married in that church with the beautiful Tiffany windows. Greg and I have gone to church with John and Karen several times and it is easy to get lost in the sun coming through those windows and thinking about our past sitting in those pews as well.

John will also turn the big 50 on July 26th! Now, I have slipped on past that half century mark and it was a bit daunting as you think you can't be "that" old. Little brother, I wish for you a wonderful birthday. I wish you a week that you feel stronger every day and many more birthdays. Greg and I will see you and Karen on Tuesday to help celebrate. I know that Ashley and Justin will be up to help celebrate later in the week. We are all looking forward to spending time with you in the mountains during that first week in Aug. The emails are flying in daily to hammer out the final details of moving around a dozen or so people through their flights and hotel reservations. It has been a blessing.

Everyone out there who reads this blog, please send some anniversary and birthday wishes to John and Karen. It has been a very big year for us all!

2 comments:

DanL said...

Really good post, Martha. John, happy birthday. Ashley will be up next week to deliver your gift and to celebrate with you. I wish I could come, but I'm in white-hot panic mode and so will be staying home to study.

I hope you and Karen enjoy your anniversary. I had no idea that First Pres had been the site of your marriage, or that of your parents, John. Although I hardly would have thought it possible, that knowledge makes our own marriage in that church seem that much more special. We're in good company!

Take care,
Dan

Martha said...

Thanks, Dan.

We will be thinking about you the next couple of weeks too. I know you will pass without a problem.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks too.

Best Wishes, Martha