Friday, March 14, 2008

John's Quiet Evening

Hello everyone. It's Friday night now and Karen and I are home relaxing. I hope I've had my last craniotomy of my lifetime, but you never know, do you?
In the last couple of weeks, I've learned a great deal about my faith, fear and courage. Most of all, I've learned some major lessons about borrowing strength and courage from those who know and love me. It is my humble honor to be the recipient of such grace.
The doctors are still analyzing the nature of my disease. The doctors are certain now that I have brain cancer. The cancer probably originated elsewhere in my body. My body killed it there. I am completely healthy at the original site which may never be known.
The doctors are also confident they now they have the biopsy they need to identify and treat my cancer. My cancer is very rare, however, in that the markers don't match any pattern they have ever seen. I am one for the science books. Oddly enough, this has proven to be a highly encouraging development. The sample has been sent to the University of Nebraska for testing. We will know more soon.
I can't wait to continue this fight. You are all in my prayers. Thanks and I love you.

1 comment:

marvin d said...

Best wishes to you and your family, John.
Marvin and Claudia De Jong