Friday, March 28, 2008

Paul and Mary Anne's Friend Brian

It would be hard to count all of the people that have come out of the woodwork to help John, but I would certainly be remiss not to mention Paul and Mary Anne's friend Brian Goldsmith, M.D. Brian is a radiation oncologist for Radiological Associates of Sacramento Medical Group.

So why do I mention him here? Because Brian generously offered to review John's pathology report to offer a second opinion, and John's pathology files have been faxed to him.

To quote John in a previous post:

"My network of friends, allies, and family has been stronger and more powerful than ever. Mary Anne's Oncologist friend, Brian, has offered to review my pathology files. Brian is of a newer, fresher school of cancer practice, one in which success is an expection, even for brain cancer patients. How blessed am I that my sister has such a friend as this?"

So, here's to Dr. Brian Goldsmith! Thanks so much for lending your expertise to our family! Cheers, all!

1 comment:

Bob said...

I remember a blessing or toast someone gave me once about 23 years ago. It's stayed with Lisa and me to this day and still means the world to both of us. As John and Karen do. Greg's is one I'll carry with me too.

"Love is like the sunshine, and throughout your life I hope you tan evenly and all over"

I don't have it exactly right, but the meaning is the same.
I think John has the deepest and most even tan of anyone I've ever known. Since it's his toast, he should know he shines.

I love ya man, see ya soon.