Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update by John 3/18/08

Hi all. I don't know if I told everyone but Karen has a nasty sprain from trying to get up from a hospital room visitor's chair during my second stay a week ago. It hasn't healed like I think it should have so we're getting it xrayed tomorrow by our family doctor.
We still don't have a pathology report on the biopsy taken almost a week ago. No news is still better than bad news. I remain truly optimistic and feel emotionally, spiritually, and physically prepared for whatever the Lord presents to us. Thank God, I have those around me who are much more confident, stronger, and smarter than me and who are using their God-given talents on my behalf. I humbly expect miracles.
I hope it's stopped raining in Ozark and that there's no flooding damage. Your city's story was featured on CNN today. Please keep me informed about your weather situation.
I noticed a couple of stragglers in the Tiff Tourny III pool. Don't be caught on the outside looking in.

5 comments:

Greg said...

It's great that you are blogging, John, in spite of the fact that it still says that I am the one posting! Can't really fix that, but everyone knows anyway. :)

Can't wait for the games to begin. I played it safe this year, but did pick your Wildcats in the first round!

Are the docs still saying "primary tumor"? Do they know why it's taking so long to get results? Are they sending the tissue anywhere else? Have they said whether it's slow growing or fast growing, or anything like that? Sorry for all the questions, just concerned.

Hang in there. We're with you.
Greg

Greg said...

Hope Karen's ankle heals soon... It's a good idea to get an x-ray... maybe the hospital will foot the bill. (bad pun)

Flood waters are receding this morning, but it's been incredible. I posted a picture of our favorite cycling road on my blog at [url=www.conservationconversations.blogspot.com]www.conservationconversations.blogspot.com[/url]

Danielle said...

Thanks for the update John. I'm sending my Jewish prayers out for you every day but at times like this prayers can transcend any religion - when you get down to it, really, we're all in the same boat! And March Madness here we come!!!! I've already prepped for the tourny by buying a new UNC shirt (hey, it's a good excuse!). Take care and we'll be thinking about you guys. Hope Karen is on the mend soon.

Lots of love,
Danielle

Greg said...

John wrote:
I noticed a couple of stragglers in the Tiff Tourny III pool. Don't be caught on the outside looking in.

With your perfect first round score, the stragglers may have been on the outside looking in anyway......

I guess it's going to be a challenge to get that trophy out of Topeka this year!

The Little Sister said...

So glad your attitude is top notch. You are an inspiration to us all and a good example for your younger relatives! All prayers are good, you are right Danielle, because we are all good people!