Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Liverpool Fan John, the Defending Champ

John's surgery has been scheduled for 1:00 tomorrow.

He has had a good day and has entered the prestigious NCAA Tiff Tourney III at espn.com as we head into March Madness. His "game" name is Liverpool Fan John, alluding to his true sports passion, European soccer.

Sports fans, who will attempt to dethrone this champion this year? Will the trophy leave Topeka? Only time will tell!

Anyway, Martha and I are working 1/2 day and heading up at around 10:30. We should be in Topeka by 2:45. We will keep all of you updated as new news comes in.

Please continue to think about, send good vibes, pray, and whatever else you can do to deliver good will and strength to John. He remains steadfast and ready to put this ordeal behind him.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Liverpool, huh? Oddly appropriate in that "You'll never walk alone"... : )

Oh, and don't think we're going to go easy on you. That trophy's coming home this year. Go Heels!

-Nathan

Anonymous said...

I'm with you whether you can see me or not, I'm the one behind you and beside you. "I love ya man"

Bob

The Little Sister said...

Brother Bob should get a job with Hallmark, I have some tears in my eyes after reading his comment! I wish I could be there today. Safe travels M & G. I love ya' all man. I have the best family!