Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Surgeon Report

Neurosurgeon Matt Wills met with us after the surgery. He said that the surgery was straightforward with no complications. Most of the tissue was necrotic, meaning dead. He explained that as the blood supply for the tumor runs out, the tissue dies. The tissue was soft and easy to remove.

Pathology results will determine what the cancer type is. (adenocarcoma, melanoma,
etc.). Dr. Wills still does not believe that the cancer originated in the brain. He speculated that perhaps it died out at its point of origin.

Preliminary results indicate that John has complete movement and body functions should be intact.

No prognosis was given, as the surgeon said that they don't do that.

So, we will see John soon. He will be in ICU for at least a day. I'll post again later today.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I have good feelings about this--especially when I see that Dr. Wills went to medical school in North Carolina!!
Keeping you all in my prayers...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well.
It sounds very positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I continue to keep you all in my prayers, especially John!! I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope you all feel my arms around you, holding you so tight!!
Toni