Monday, April 14, 2008

Chemo/Radiation - Week 3

"I stand for the sunny point of view - stand for the joyful conclusions"
W. Whitman

I am watching "The American Experience" on PBS about Walt Whitman. Excellent!

I am now into week three of Chemo/radiation. It's going well for me. I still have a full head of hair.

I hope the training for the Duke Run for Brain Cancer 5K is going well for my team. I think of your training often. Please ask for any training tips. The goal should be to finish and to enjoy yourself. Always listen to what your body is telling you. It is very wise.

"I sing the body electric. The armies of those I love engirth me, and I engirth them."

WW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John!!

Just wanted to let you know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there, you are so strong!

Lots of love,
Laura

DanL said...

Good post, John. However, every time I run it feels like my body is telling me that it should be resting firmly on its backside, not being punished in a five mile death-plod. I keep doing it, though. So, one of us -- I or my body -- is not very wise. Not wise at all. Anyway, hang tough. I'm always thinking of you.

Danielle said...

John - Any training tips are welcome! The title of my running plan ("The Couch to 5K Running Plan") should tell you exactly how much experience I have with running. : ) I was able to run 20 minutes straight on Sunday though, without having to stop to walk and/or call an ambulance, so that was progress. I think our goal is to do exactly what you say: to just finish!

Glad to hear treatment is progressing smoothly. We're thinking about you!

Love,
Danielle

Greg said...

Great post! I turned on American Experience after your post. Thanks for the heads up.

Thinking of you this day and every day,
Greg

"Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you."
Walt Whitman