Wednesday, April 2, 2008

John's Radiation/Chemo Day 3, April 2

I think I have administrator rights at last! Thanks to my patient brother-in-law, Greg.

I seem to be settling into the radiation and chemotherapy routine and tolerating both well. I read that the chemo effect can be cumulative (it builds as it goes). Karen and I are monitoring its effects on my system as slosely as we can (in a non-medical way). I am still a bit nervous about stepping up the chemo dose after the radiation is done in 6 weeks. Radiation is a piece of cake. I trust it's doing its thing.

I had a conversation yesterday with a radiology oncologist, Brian, in California. He is a good friend of my sister Mary Anne and her husband, Paul. He provided me with specific, useful information. he has added to my expectation for success. A brilliant mind committed to healing is a beautiful thing.

Short post tonight. I need some rest. I'll be blogging again soon. Keep the Faith. I am.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

John,

Glad to hear you are settling into the radiation and chemotherapy routine. Sounds like you are handling it like a champ. Hope you are still treating yourself to ice cream. :) We for sure are keeping the faith here.

Lots of love,
Danielle

Greg said...

We're learning together on this multiple author deal! Thanks for hanging in there through all the confusing instructions I gave!

Anyway, it's so much more meaningful for everyone to hear from you personally!

So glad you're adjusting to the treatment well. Heard you got some good chocolate!

We, too, are keeping the faith...
Love,
Greg

Anonymous said...

John, So glad things are going well. I truly believe that your faith is the key. I hope to see you tomorrow afternoon.
Love, Laurie

Martha said...

Hi John,

I loved talking with you and Karen last night.
Hope today went well too.

I love you!
Martha

The Little Sister said...

John
We have begun another step to our journey. You and Karen are champs.
Andrew did hurdles at track club yesterday and loved them, glad you can understand his new hobby!
Take care of yourself and ice cream is always a good remedy!
love to all
MAR

DanL said...

John,
It's good to see that you're in good spirits, and justifiably so: Ashley and I know you're strong and you're going to beat this. See you folks tonight. Take care,
Dan