Wednesday, September 17, 2008

H!aving a Good Week

Hi Trophy Runners! Your comments and conversations are really making a difference. Karen and I both feel very strong. We owe it all to you. I've had an Avastin infusion, some blood tests this week, and I just finished another Temodar cycle. I feel very well. Karen is feeling strong too. We owe it all to your thoughts and prayers.
We will see Dan and Ashley this weekend. They will do some housesitting for Dave and Diane Lawence so they'll be in town. It is always our pleasure to see them.
Danielle: how is your 5K training going? I hope you are looking forward to your race. Let me know how it goes. Enjoy yourself, that's the key to sustaining interest. I know you'll impress us.
Martha: Thank you for your last comments. Karen and I are optimistic and determined. I hope that comes accross. We feel your love and care constantly. We love you with all our hearts.
More soon.
John

3 comments:

Lil A said...

Hey,
It's amazing how you've been handling this new treatment;- Duke has truly been a blessing. I plan to bring the bike up, if not this weekend, soon, so we'll definitely have to see how your new seat of wheels handles a little competition :).
Are you feeling up to some coffee this Saturday?? I hope so. Rest up, and keep up the posts; I look forward to them.
Love,
Lil A

Lil A said...

BTW: that should have been "set" of wheels, not "seat". ;)

Danielle said...

Hey John,

So glad to hear you are feeling well! We will continue to send lots of prayers your way. : )

Now, I must confess that I have been a complete slacker on training!! I know, I know, don't yell at me!! :) It's looking more and more like I might walk this one with my parents and shoot for another one later in the year when I can get more training in. Sorry to be such a let down!!!

We're already looking forward to seeing you when you and Karen come back to Duke! Maybe we can actually show you guys some good sites this time (i.e., the Tarheels stadium - ha, ha).

We love you lots and think about you every day!!

Love,
Danielle