Saturday, June 28, 2008

Almost July

Hi all!
Just a quick post before I nod off. I am feeling great. I am still conserving energy from the pulse chemo regime and I make good use of power naps. Karen and I are very optimistic about how this is going. The doctors are too.
We went to Wichita today to visit Ashley & Dan. Justin met us there as well. We had a good time and lunched at Cheddars.
Ashley took an important test for her real estate license this morning. The property management corporation she works for requires it. She successfully passed the test. Congrats, Ashley. She is now set for a big bump in salary. She is doing very well with her new position and they are very impressed by her.
I have completed all the continuing professional education (CPE) I needed to nenew my license to practice as a CPA. I mailed off the renewal forms, paid the renewal fee, and submitted certificates of completion yesterday. I'll hold a permit for the next couple of years until I have to renew it again. I had not been accumulating CPE certificates because I had been out of public accounting for nearly two years. Now I've paid the fee and provided the documentation of my study. It's good to have that out of the way and I learned about some topics I am really interested in pursuing professionally.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Glad to hear about your road trip to see the "kids"

We are looking forward to heading to NC to see ours soon.

Now that summer school is over, I am going to step up my walking routine to get ready for Yellowstone.

Congratulations on renewing your CPE.

Love to you both, Martha

PS. Congratulations to you too, Ashley! Well done!