Monday, June 9, 2008

Pulse Chemotherapy Begins

I began phase two of my cancer treatment today. I took 280 mgs of Temodar (administered in two doses of 140 mgs) today. This after a four-week period of no treatment. I must say the effects were pretty pronounced. I vomited a couple of hours after taking the 1st dose of Temodar. I threw up until my stomach was empty. It's not ununsual. The medicine was absorbed by the time the side effects made me sick. I was sensitive on the 1st day of phase one too. There is an adjustment period, so don't worry. My appetite is back and I am eating well. I'll let you know if my tummy troubles continue. I am betting they won't.
I don't know who to root for in the Euro 2008. I guess Germany is the favorite. I am partial to Croatia and Sweden. It will be fun to watch.

5 comments:

Nate said...

Heja Sverige! I'm pulling for the Swedes too. The Dutch looked pretty good today though.

Good luck with phase 2, we're thinking about you!

Nathan

DanL said...

John,
That sounds like no fun at all, but hang in there. If you haven't gotten around to reading "Memoir from Antproof Case" yet, it might be a good time. I know that when I've got an upset stomach, I can often read, but can't handle TV or the like. It's a good, light-hearted read, too -- one of my favorites. I went out to lunch with some folks from Fleeson this past week and everyone I talked to down there is wishing you well.

Re. the bike race, of course *I* don't know. Root for the underdog or, failing that, whoever shows the most class/sportsmanship.

We're thinking of you and praying for you every day. Oh, and if Ashley didn't tell you, I think we might be trying out a Presbyterian church down here next Sunday. Your daughter may convert this Lutheran into one of the "frozen chosen.";)

Take care,
Dan

DanL said...

Bike race? Er, I meant the "soccer thing." Can you tell I'm completely ignorant when it comes to sports?

The Little Sister said...

John,
I think of you constantly and pray for you everyday. Hang in there. You handled phase 1 so well, with excellent results. Your strong body and mind will adjust, as you say.
I can't wait to see you in the Tetons. Only 7 weeks!
You and Karen take care of each other. I wish I was there to help, or at least wait on you!
I love you.

Anonymous said...

You know, you have been in my thoughts all day today. I have even been telling my junior high summer school students about your fight! They say to hang in there.

Greg and I saw James Taylor at the Starlight last night and "You've Got a Friend" made me think of you. Many people are thinking about you. He was great, by the way, he jumped around and sang all the oldies, I loved it! Made me feel young. Of course, about noon today, I will crash! (We got home about 2:00 am.)

Love you both, Martha