Monday, June 2, 2008

Pulse Chemo Scheduled

Hi all! It's been something like 3 weeks since I have graduated from radiation treatment. I am scheduled to begin pulse chemotherapy on Monday, June 9. This will entail a double dose of Temodar (a tablet) for five days at a stretch with a 23 day recovery period. Things have gone so well so far that Karen and I are very optimistic about it. I can say that I feel great. I feel the "significant improvement" that Dr. Green speaks of.
Karen and I have spent a lot of time together working on the yard. It's paying off. We accidently dumped the water from on top of the tarp back into the pool as we were working to open it up. The water is clearing now, though. It may have the clarity for swimming this weekend. The back yard looks so green with all the rain we've had. The vibirnum and the hostas, the bee balm and the yew are producing lots of new growth. Very green! We have some annuals and perenials in for color. Geraniums and Begonias, Pansies and Peonies. We are enjoying our efforts. Always something that needs to be done. It's great therapy.
We are very impressed by the efforts of John's Team. What a wonderful job you all have done. I got a cool NC Blue T-Shirt in the mail with our team name on it. I love it. Thank you for that.
More soon.
Love, John

No comments: