Wednesday, June 11, 2008

John's Chemo

I am adjusting to my 1st week of pulse chemotherapy pretty well after all. After the Monday's day's bout of nausea I am coping with the treatment nicely. I hope this trend continues. Karen is taking some time off this week to monitor my treatment, Bless her.
I met with Dr. Wills yesterday (my brain surgeon) for some feedback about the progress of my treatment. He has a lot of confidence in the phase-two pulse chemo team that is now in charge. Coming from Dr. Wills, that says everything. He wants me to touch base with him in a couple of months or so.
I am working on some continuing professional education (CPE) I must finish by the end of the month. It is coming along fine. I am working on renewing my permit to practice as a CPA. I should have no problem wrapping that up in the next week or so.
I met with the Vida Hispanic Ministry fundraising committee today. We the members of this committee work to network with other groups and individuals to diversify and expand Vida's funding. It's a great organization and has great promise. I am proud to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of adversity comes a chance to find something positive. I have faith that whatever direction you take you will succeed. Lisa, Elisa, Robert and I are praying for good things for you daily. And you have our highest hopes. It seems to be that each step here has turned out better than expected or hoped for. I have no doubts this chemo step will also. I look forward to a great trip to Yellowstone, even for this city slicker. I love you....Bob

DanL said...

You're subjecting your mind to both chemotherapy and the study of accounting? Gee, John, you're not takin' any prisoners, are you?;) If you really feel like going nuclear (or "nukulur") on your brain, let me know and I'll send you some of my BAR-BRI study materials. I think it's easier than accounting by itself, but would be truly devastating in combination with what you've already got going.

Glad to hear that the CPE study is coming along and all else is well. Ashley told me about Dr. Wills and we both agree that you're very fortunate to have him involved in your care. Ashley and I went out to dinner to celebrate her burgeoning career and we watched a portion of Germany v. Croatia and thought of you.

Incorporated here by reference is everything that Bob said. If this last year's taught me anything, it's that you can't bank on what the future's going to hold (and we ate our black-eyed peas on New Year's and everything!). However, notwithstanding that, I'm looking forward to Yellowstone.

Take care,
Dan